Symposium: Regional Human Rights Systems in Crisis
The Wisconsin International Law Journal will host its annual symposium, this year titled Regional Human Rights Systems in Crisis on March 31, 2017.
Some themes that may be addressed include:
- Political stand-offs in the more well-developed systems: Brexit, the European Union and the Council of Europe System, the Inter-American Commission in crisis; the African Union versus the International Criminal Court
- The challenges of constructing regional human rights in Asia and the Middle East
- The pros and cons of the state liability model in facing issues of migration; terrorism; corporate liability; transboundary harm, internet privacy, international crimes
- Human Rights versus Buen Vivir, Occupy, religions, and other discourses concerned with social, political, and legal justice
- Universal (UN-based) versus regional human rights protection
Click here for more information.
Topics: Conferences & Symposia; Human Rights; International Law.