Call for Papers: Transnational Criminal Law in the Americas
The “Transnational Criminal Law in the Americas” conference will take place May 4-5, 2017 at the University of Windsor in Ontario, Canada. Organizers have issued a call for papers and some of the questions that can be addressed include:
– What are the most pressing transnational criminal law issues facing the Americas today and how are these issues evolving and shifting?
– Should greater emphasis be placed on regional responses to transnational criminal law and how should such regional responses be structured?
– What assumptions underlie the current legal regimes addressing transnational crime and do they adequately reflect the reality of transnational criminality today?
– How have globalization and technological advancements shifted the nature of transnational criminality and how should this inform the legal response?
– How do critical approaches to law inform questions of transnational criminal law?
Submissions are due by January 20, 2017.
Click here for more information.
Topics: Calls for Papers; Call for Proposals; Conferences & Symposia; Criminal Law.