Call for Papers: Policing in the 21st Century
The American Sociological Association invites submissions for its upcoming publication Policing in the 21st Century. Topics such as the following are welcome:
- Activism related to vigilantism, policing, the court process, and/or incarceration;
- Community expectations of police and the judicial system;
- Implicit and explicit biases (as held by law enforcement officers, vigilantes, and/or larger society);
- Insider/outsider experiences among law enforcement members;
- Intersectional analyses of emergent law enforcement issues;
- Policing in Black and Brown communities;
- Race, gender, class, and police policies;
- Recruitment of racial and ethnic minorities to policing agencies and/or law enforcement fields;
- Under examined issues shaping law enforcement members;
Submit a one page vitae and an abstract of 250-500 words by August 15th, 2016, directly to Sandra E. Weissinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Topics: Calls for Papers; Criminal Law; Human Rights; Law & Public Policy; Race & The Law.